Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

2007 Pacifica Touring with the 4.0 and 62TE tranny The car

Customer Question

2007 Pacifica Touring with the 4.0 and 62TE trannyThe car is currently in limp mode and the only code it is pulling is P083B. Does anyone have diagnostics to troubleshooting this code?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

its the code for a faulty pressure switch on the transmission

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am aware of that, but I am looking for the troubleshooting guide (aka fixes) for this code. I have gotten them on here before.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

i will get that info for you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need the documents that state what the possible causes and then evaluating those causes.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you work exclusively with Chryslers?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

dodge and chrysler

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

give me about 5 min to upload the info

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok... this car has been a pain trying to figure out why it is stuck in limp mode. Had it at the dealer and they tried diagnosing it and no luck. They told me to take it to a tranny shop. The wiring in these cars already had me chasing things down for other reasons.Also, have you ever heard a procedure that one can do on their car to reset it? Not talking using a scanner, but someother way to "program" it. I had a friend that said they had similar problems and once they replaced a part they took it to a dealership and they printed off instructions to "reset" it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still haven't received the documents.. I would like to talk to a different expert please
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern.

Here is the diagnostic chart for that code.

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi robert could you help me diagnose p083b
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about that, it appears my link above is invalid, I'm reposting the diagnostic procedure for that code. Read through the procedure and let me know if you need me to step you through this procedure....

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I am in the process of reading it over, but had a question. At the beginning of the document it states - "identified as closed in P or N, the code will immediately be set and normal operation will be allowed for that given key
start."We can clear the codes and start the car with no codes being set. The limp mode and code don't come up until you put it in gear and the car gets to almost 1500 RPM. Does that mean anything to you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, I had a friend try to read the transmission codes because mine does not do so. And when trying to connect to the transmission to get the codes it errors out. Any idea why that might be?
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

That statement is actually part of the theory of operation, this is what the complete statement says:

"Theory of Operation

The Transmission system uses five pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the L/R, 2/4, DC, LC, and OD elements. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear. The LC pressure switch monitors the fluid pressure to the LC clutch to confirm proper operation of the LC solenoid. If the LC pressure switch is 2 identified as closed in P or N, the code will immediately be set and normal operation will be allowed for that given key start. If the problem is identified for 3 successive ignition cycles, the transmission will go into Limp-in mode."

If you clear the codes and this code comes back along with limp mode on the first keycycle you may actually have a problem with the Computer. The test procedure will help to isolate the porblem. Unfortunately, some special tools are required to properly diagnose this concern...

You may end up needing to take it in to the shop for diagnosis and repair.

On the attempt to connect to the trans with the scanner, What is the make and model of the scanner or code reader being used to attempt to retrieve the codes?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do have some of the tools, but I don't have anything that will do transmission stimulations.This is probably way off, but would the speed sensors have anything to do with the P083b code? I had someone tell me they had similar problems that were cured by replacing the speed sensors, but they didn't remember the DTC code they had
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

No, this code is strictly related to the "LC Pressure Switch Circuit". The speed sensor circuits are NOT on the list of possibilities for this code. You most likely have a wiring issue or a failed solenoid pack assembly...

Here is the list of possibilities:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .