Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Object Object] I've searched emergency latch in the trunk

Customer Question

object Object]
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've searched for an emergency latch in the trunk but I haven't had luck in finding one.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What kind of Chrysler do you have and what is your question?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a 2008 PT Cruiser. The trunk won't open. It's like it just stays locked. It looks like someone may have backed into my car, though the damage seems insignificant but I was wondering if that could have something to do with it.
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and sorry for the delay....

If the rear hatch won't open then the latch maybe bad. Since it won't open you will need to get into the rear compartment and remove the access panel or remove the panel to access the latch. I have attached a picture of the latch location and see if the lock unlock actuator moves when you press lock/unlock. If you hear a buzzing when you press lock/unlock then the latch is bad and you will need to replace it and since it won't open your going to have a rough time with that but basically you will need to get a screwdriver and a hammer and get the hatch open to replace it..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad