Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2007 T & C van. selector, mid, lower fan, lower

Customer Question

2007 T & C van. selector for upper, mid, lower fan, lower fan/defroster and defroster not working. Only get upper fan.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: no on the fused. no on the wiring diagram unless it's in the owners manual that I do have.
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chrysler?
Customer: Town & Country touring minivan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: when I select the "recirculate" button when fan is on full, it does switch to that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

You have a bad mode door actuator, or the mode door itself if broken. You would need to verify that the actuator is turning while moving the switch to different positions. If you have to replace the door itself, quite a bit of work is involved, as you need to pull the dash.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Negative ratings do not give you a refund. Thanks Dan