Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

It will start remote but not with the key in. it will start

Customer Question

it will start remote but not with the key in.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: it will start with the remote. but as soon as you put the key in it dies. will not start with the key at all.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - nothing yet. I was trying to find info on what the problem my be
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No problems until this morning - I thought maybe something with a fuse or key fob
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1C3BC2EB1BN582504 89000 MILES
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Started fine until this morning. It will remote start but when you put the key in and turn it the car dies.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does nothing when you try to start it manually with the key.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.