Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Matt, 7/10/2016 just bought a 2005 Crossfire. Same problem

Customer Question

Hi Matt,
just bought a 2005 Crossfire. Same problem as I have seen others complain about. If top is UP, trunk works fine to lock or unlock with key battery driven remote. However, it top is DOWN trunk cannot be opened.
Manual is vague on this. My belief this is a design feature of the car. Not a malfunction. German engineering at it's worse. Right?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is due to a fault with a faulty micro switch/sensors that tells the computer what position the top is in.If it is sending an incorrect signal on the tops position when the top is down this causes this fault here with the trunk not opening due to the computer thinking there is a fault in the tops position.I have run across this before in the past.What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and will help locate the fault here.The scan tool is also used to monitor these sensors to locate one that is sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete