Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My son has had it college, each morning dead battery. New

Customer Question

my son has had it college, each morning dead battery. New alternator charging at 14.1, new battery. Battery gets fully charged from driving. Took it to an auto electric shop to identify the source of the drain, had it for two nights, no problem. Son gets it back, dead battery by morning. I can't rule out that he is not leaving something on or plugged in to the powersocket even though he swears he is not. Looking for something else to look at as a drain
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: battery is 2 weeks old. No I have not checked the dash gaugle
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002 sebring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new alternator, new battery by mechanic when at college two weeks ago. Checked by auto electric shop two days ago, unable to find drain
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I can help you or you to him diagnose this drain if a digital volt meter is available.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. I know you have what is called a parasitic draw but we can only figure thus out by doing a drain test if you can.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris