Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Well, my engine continues to come on. The mechanic who

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Well, my engine continues to come on. The mechanic who services my car has put it on the computer three time, resets the light and a couple of days later it is on again. Have purchased a new gas cap from auto zone. My mechanic tells me everything checks out fine.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I don't and keep in mind I know very little about cars
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 Chrysler Aspen. 4.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Changed gas cap is not driven much during week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

If the check engine light is on when the engine is running then you have a stored code .

Ask your mechanic what the codes is ,as this will help us track down the problem you are having .

If the Tech can not get the codes take a drive down to your local parts store like AutoZone and have a FREE code check done and get back to me with the codes .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Greg will do
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Keep me informed .