Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I am having problems getting my electric door to work. I

Customer Question

I am having problems getting my electric door to work. I have pulled the fuse and let it set for a few minutes and that work for a little while and after 3 or 4 times it back to not working. Any suggestions
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2003 Chrysler town and country
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to fix it myself but I'm told that the box in front of the fuse box needs to be re-programmed and as I understand it the dealer has to do this. Is that true.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just got the car so I don't know to much about Chryslers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This does sound like a possible fault with the power control module in front of your fuse panel as this can be a common component to act up like this here in some cases.In some cases a dealer can reprogram it to correct this fault and in other cases it may need replaced.

I would start with having the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers and then from there the codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This is the first thing that should be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete