sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

OK I removed interior panels liftgate. I can move item 2

Customer Question

OK I removed interior panels for the liftgate. I can move item 2 freely up and down,I can also push down on the rod activates the beep on the rear lift gate I can see daylight through the outer latch when I do this but I am not able to see item 3 .since I am inside the vehicle and the rear panel doesn't come completely free
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It worked fine until I bought a patio set that reached over the sensor line at the base of the liftgate,when gentleman did a soft close to make it all fit then when I return home45 minutes later it just beeps and won't open.husband check fuse and I removed panels via u tube trying to trouble shoot myself
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may be mechanical or electrical. The liftgate module may be prohibiting liftgate operation due to an incorrect input such as a bad pawl switch in the latch.

Can you give a link or upload the diagram you were referring to?

If you open the liftgate by hand will it power close correctly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The liftgate will not open by hand it to just beeps

Can you upload a picture of where you said you saw daylight?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
From inside the vehicle faces the liftgate gate after removing panel .I could move the lever/rod connected to the outside handle when I push the down it activates the latch with2 beeps.but you can not manually open from either side

Can you describe or upload a picture of where you're seeing daylight and give a link of what you were referencing as item 3?