sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

OK I removed interior panels liftgate. I can move item 2

Customer Question

OK I removed interior panels for the liftgate. I can move item 2 freely up and down,I can also push down on the rod activates the beep on the rear lift gate I can see daylight through the outer latch when I do this but I am not able to see item 3 .since I am inside the vehicle and the rear panel doesn't come completely free
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It worked fine until I bought a patio set that reached over the sensor line at the base of the liftgate,when gentleman did a soft close to make it all fit then when I return home45 minutes later it just beeps and won't open.husband check fuse and I removed panels via u tube trying to trouble shoot myself
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may be mechanical or electrical. The liftgate module may be prohibiting liftgate operation due to an incorrect input such as a bad pawl switch in the latch.

Can you give a link or upload the diagram you were referring to?

If you open the liftgate by hand will it power close correctly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The liftgate will not open by hand it to just beeps

Can you upload a picture of where you said you saw daylight?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
From inside the vehicle faces the liftgate gate after removing panel .I could move the lever/rod connected to the outside handle when I push the down it activates the latch with2 beeps.but you can not manually open from either side

Can you describe or upload a picture of where you're seeing daylight and give a link of what you were referencing as item 3?