Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Trying to hook up drb3 to 2000 prowler to wake up tire

Customer Question

trying to hook up drb3 to 2000 prowler to wake up tire sensor - new replacement it hooks up to OBD port but won't turn on or at least stay on
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: TPMS Sensor - tire pressure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ordered new sensor - proper part # ***** by Schrader
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: installed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: plugged in GRB3 - it won'
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GRB3 scanner / 2000 prowler / new TPMS monitor LR wheel / proper replacement part# ***** sensor hooked up by cable to OBD port / scanner lights and goes blank / will not go to menus
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You may have a blown fuse which supplies voltage to terminal #16 in the data link connector. If there is no power there, then the DRB 3 will not power up the other thing it could be is the terminals in the DLC or the DRB cable are bad/loose. Check fuses and then the terminals. Let me know if you find anything.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Oh and the fuse for terminal #16 should be the same one that powers the 12 volt power outlet.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see how it is going.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris