sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

It's the AC.........blowers are working, there is freon in

Customer Question

It's the AC.........blowers are working, there is freon in the system, but for some reason the compressor is not engaging.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Yes, there is plenty of freon and the hoses seem to be fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 SRT8
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am......thru Youtube videos and such I've been able to repair quite a few things. My son checked the freon and there was plenty in it and it was maintaining pressure, blowers work fine.....just can't figure out why the compressor won't engage. Is there some sort of safety shut-off? Any ideas? You're help is greatly appreciated.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know? Thank you.
Customer: Not that I can think of. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the fact that the compressor won't engage.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are may possible causes for the compressor not engaging. It could be the compressor clutch oil, the compressor relay, a blown fuse, wiring, the pressure transducer or control head.

Have you checked for fault codes?
What was the actual static pressure in the system?