Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

While your answer is on the same subject the bulletin states

Customer Question

while your answer is on the same subject the bulletin states "some times " my problem is all ways. I can not get the back liftgate to open at all, other than the manuel 6 inches.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

None of the vehicle information came through. What year and model of car do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2009 Chrysler Town And Country
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

You most likely have a problem with the latch assembly, but the only way to know for certain is with a compatible scan tool. There is a pawl and ratchet switch inside the latch that sends a signal to the opener motor telling it when to turn on or off based on the position of those two switches. If the signal from the switches is misaligned or not present then the lift gate won't open. With a scan tool you can look for the output signal on those switches and then tell what is going on. Without this diagnosis you will likely be replacing parts and then hoping it fixes it.

Do you have access to a scan tool?