Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I backed out of my driveway and heard a dragging sound under

Customer Question

I backed out of my driveway and heard a dragging sound under my van,I looked but can't see anything dragging.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: It sounds as if something is loose and hitting the ground.It happens all the time even while braking.This is the first time I heard it.
JA: What year is your Van?
Customer: 2005
\
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it is constant I will have to bring it to my mechanic,but if it is something I could take care of myself I would try it.I have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. If you do not see anything obvious under the van, then it may be brake related. Here is what I recommend you do : call one of the tire shops in your area and ask them if they offer free brake inspections. Most of them do. Tyen they can g3t the van up on a hoist and perform an inspection. I bet that they will find the source of the noise, and it will cost you nothing tor the diagnosis. What do you think?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer this morning.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer this yesterday..

Chris