Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I fixed all the little leaks egr tube,etc and put a new

Customer Question

hi I fixed all the little leaks egr tube,etc and put a new plenum gasket I put on after replacing dist anyway I used the appropriate sealer now you can hear it leaking from the manifold
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: yes 2.5l
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 97 lxi convertable
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: found a leak on plenum on the right side intake so I put another gasket with sealer this time think I fixed that but you can hear the leak on the plenum
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: rough idle slight misfire runs good xcept at idle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Something still did not seal between the intake and cylinder head, or a vacuum hose is not secure or loose. Get a length of hose and place one end near your ear, and then use the other end to locate the leak by passing it near suspected areas around the manifold. Also, you do not need to use any sealer on the gaskets. They should seal fine without it.