Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 07 Town & country. No codes. The issues is the

Customer Question

Hello , I have a 07 Town & country. No codes. The issues is the cooling fans won't turn on with the A/C? Fans work when engine temp is up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The fans are controlled by the AC pressure transducer on the high side line. If the pressure is low (low refrigerant level) or the transducer fails then they will not come on. First verify that there is the proper amount of refrigerant in the system. if so, then suspect the pressure transducer and have it replaced. It simply threads onto the port. No need to discharge the system when replacing it because there is a Schrader valve in the port.

I hope this information is helpful, and if so would you kindly take a minute to rate my service usung the just answer rating system? I get no credit for helping you unless you do. Note that I can and will still be able to help you even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, fail to let you know the ac compressor failed do to over heating and comp, dryer/receiver, transducer, and both expansion valve were replaced. system flushed, and filled.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Ok, well do you have a scan tool that will read sensor data? If so, then see if you can pull up the transducer pressure data and see what it is seeing.Chris