Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD that is overdue ,000 ml

Customer Question

Hi; I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD that is overdue for 35,000 ml service with mileage @ 36,278. It's had no problems other than I replaced the transmission shift interlock latch myself about a year ago. However, last week I returned home from the pharmacy and parked in my carport only to find in the morning that it would not start, nor even turn over. The only thing noticable is that the engine MIL icon stays illuminated. It has battery power & fuel & I've checked all fuses front & rear. Admittedly however, in the past couple months I've noticed the car was harder to start (fireup), whereas before, she fired instantly. But my greatest concern now is that I can't get the transmission out of park in case I need a tow (which I'd like to avoid) to my nearest dealer, Gossett Motors in Memphis.
Thanks. ~ Greg
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Check the battery terminals, make sure everything is clean and tight. Also check the positive cable where it enters into the main fuse box. Also check the main fuse make sure it is not blown and intermittently making contact.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan