Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .

After starting my vehicle with the remote start, my husband

Customer Question

After starting my vehicle with the remote start, my husband also pressed the remote start twice and now my car will not start and the "Electronic Throttle Control" light comes on.
The battery is not dead, but MOPAR called saying they had a low battery signal from my car. The low battery light is not on. Could this have anything to do with the multiple remote start attempts? If so, what do I do. I read on line that it was unwise to jump start a car with the electronic throttle control light on. Help please!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

it does but to confirm we need a diagnostic scanner to retrieve the codes from the vehicle to see if that is what happened

but for now

you can try a master reset , below is the steps

Master Reset Procedure

1-Disconnect battery ( Both Cables ,The Negative & The Positive Cable )
2-Wait 10 minutes and then Reconnect Battery
3-Close all the doors
4-lock the car with key from driver door ( IF your car is Equipped with a (blade less) key then just lock it with the key Fob remote
5- then Unlock car with key or key fob & Start your vehicle

hopefully that will reset the remote start module

you will need the radio code after battery hook up, it should be in your owners manual

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Technicia

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will let you know about the results.

you welcome

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not disconnect the battery because I was not sure how to do it. The MOPAR person arrived and told me that the repeated use of the remote start had locked the starting mechanism and the car would have to be towed to the dealer and have a chip inserted to reset the whole computer system. She did try to unlock it with a series of manipulations with the key in the door lock, but that did not work. She said that disconnecting the battery would not work in this particular situation.

did she hook up a scanner or anything to it to know or just told you that ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She did not use a scanner.

unhooking the battery not going to hurt anything, but i m far away from the car unfortunately

, so if she is a tech and looked at it physically , i will go with her advice but she also did not say that unhooking the battery will hurt it , she just said it want solve it

then best to tow it .

do you still have a warranty on it ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will just have it towed. Thanks

i m sorry you having this problem

wish i was able to help more

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)