Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience all makes and models, Subaru and Nissan factory trained.

I keep getting "service Required Tire Pressure System"

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I keep getting "service Required Tire Pressure System"
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the pressure?
Customer: 22000
JA: What is the model of your '20000 Chrysler?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: flatten the tire and then inflate
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I changed the tire from the back to the front but I still get it on the back lift
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what happens next I paid
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello what happened i am still waiting for reply
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why stop talking after i make the payment???
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Chrysler 300c 2013
I got this Message
"service Required Tire Pressure System"
1. I rotated the tires
2. Still get the message on the back left tire
3. Lowered the air pressure on the tires and drove then inflated them
That did not fix it.
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

What pressure are the tires at now and is the left back still the problem child or has it moved to a new location when you rotated the tires?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The tires are at the recommended pressure, it is still at the same location even after rotating the tyres
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 3 months ago.

This tells me that there is something wrong with the TPMS computer. If the wheel sensor was the problem it would show a different location if the sensor itself was bad. This is going to require the scan tool to locate the actual issue mostly because the scanner can see the live data and any codes that may be stored in the system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It sounds like you never had this issue before, what do you recommend to do ??
Can't you help ??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please find photos
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 3 months ago.

You're missing the point.

From here and even where you are without a scan tool there is nothing you can do. The computer is not receiving the signal from the left rear tire. It's a computer problem.

If it was a tire pressure problem or a wheel sensor problem, it would have moved when you rotated the tire, when I asked you if the low tire moved when you rotated the tires and it didn't, this immediately tells me the sensor on the tire is fine and the problem is with the computer for the TPMS itself.

I am not sure what you would have me do other then try to guide you at this point. Are you wanting to replace the compter yourself or something?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand what you said thank you for the info, what i want to know can i fix it ? Is it there a part i can replace ?
Is there a solution to fix this problem ?
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 3 months ago.

Well, I would say the tire pressure control computer would have to be the failed component. The problem is without proper diagnostics there isn't any way to be 100% sure it's the problem. It doesn't seem to be picking up the signal from the left rear wheel sensor.