Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Our 3rd row stow-n-go seat is stuck in the open position, on

Customer Question

Our 3rd row stow-n-go seat is stuck in the open position
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: on 2006 Town & Country Chryslter
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: It's a manual stow-n-go
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've pushed and pulled the various straps that latch/unlatch the seats hoping that would work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's never failed before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please check out the attached picture.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Inspect under the seat as best as you can for any debris or material that may be blocking the latches from operating properly.I have seen debris jammed in a seat latch or release lever cause this here needing removed.If nothing is found you may have a faulty release lever/strap that isnt releasing a latch or a latch itself that is jammed needing replaced.Unfortunately this would have to be inspected further to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No debris. Any other advice?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

The only other issues I have seen is the latches fail and jam up causing this here needing replaced.In some cases the old latch has to be cut out to release the seat and then the latch replaced unfortunately.

Its hard to say for sure from here without seeing and trying to operate the seat myself but this does sound like a latch is at fault needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete