Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Getting "no fuse" on dash. checked all fuses next to

Customer Question

Getting "no fuse" on dash. checked all fuses next to steering column.all are good. have no radio or passenger side power windows. Problems all first started with starting engine one day, went to take off and when i pushed accelerator engine just started reving up and down. Investigated under hood and found some kind of vaccuum check valve that goes from air intake then attaches to top of engine broken. havne replaced that yet but son left key in ignition on and battery ran down. they jumped vehicle from another and "no fuse" warning and loss of power to radio and power windows
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: you havnt read my message?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 pt cruiser convertible
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: am i speaking to a machine?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Check all fuses in the engine compartment next to the battery. Look expecially for one that says "Dome Lamp" or "IOD". Repalce any bad fuses and keep me posted on your results...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,