sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country and the hazard

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country and the hazard lights won't turn off.
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Less than a year old. I had a small fender bender this evening, used the flashers while waiting for the police, then when I got home and turned off the car, the flashers started blinking by themselves.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried disconnecting the battery, no luck. Can't tell from the manual which fuse controls it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You almost surely have a bad switch, especially considering the problem started after using the switch. The switch is just a LIN bus module input, if the switch itself wasn't the cause then it would have to be a module failure which is very unlikely.

Do they go off with the switch unplugged?