Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My dodge Nitro Airbag icon keeps coming on! 2007, no, just

Customer Question

My dodge Nitro Airbag icon keeps coming on!
JA: What year is your Nitro?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, just want to know what the icon means
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The first thing you will need to do is see what codes is has with a scantool. It could be a bad clockspring, seat belt pretensioner, module, or even airbag.. You won't have any idea on what to repair unless you get a scantool and not a code reader because a cheap code reader will only retrieve ODBII codes such as misfires, etc. You will need a scantool that is capable of communicating with the Airbag module, Body Control Module, etc to see what codes it has.. Since the light is on the airbag system is disabled and will not likely deploy in the event of an accident so drive careful until it's repaired..

If you get the codes post them here and I will be glad to give you the proper diagnostic information to get it repaired..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Talk soon,

Brad