Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

Ran fine earlier, my wife pulled into the garage front

Customer Question

Ran fine earlier, my wife pulled into the garage front first,I started it, turned it around for her, backed it jnto the garage. now nothing, I can hear the fuel pump, have a charger on it. even tried to jump it. no clicks like its trying.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: headlights work, a/c fan runs.
JA: What year is your Charger?
Customer: 2014 Schumacher.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. tried looking for a bad fuse, checked battery connections, have the charger on 2amp. had it on 10 amp earlier. even tried jumping from my other vehicle. no difference
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, its never given any issues. only has 52000 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for us to be able to help you with this no start concern we need to know what your working on. need the model and make of your 2014. Post back when you can and we can work from there to help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the vehicle is a 2002 chrysler lxi. 3.0 .approx 52000 miles. never a problem. ran fine so start and pull out of the garage to turn it around for my wife. would not start again after backing it in to move it over a couple more inches. no starter click. can hear what I presume to be the fuel pump. battery terminals clean, battery charged.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Are you getting a full 12 volts at the battery?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
unfortunately won't have time right now. I was working on it yesterday and there was no reply. Now I'm packing for a weekend getaway. Have no way to measure total battery other than my 2014 Schumacher battery charger that showed it fully charged. I also had it jumped from my other vehicle with extra heavy duty cables.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay if you would prefer to wait till you return from your trip, post back when you ready and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you. probably sometime Monday.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Sure thing, Im here all day on Monday. Have a safe trip and see you then.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just back from holiday, I figured the only thing left would be a "stuck" starter. So I jacked up the car and tapped on the starter. Works fine now, but will order a new starter to prevent a recurrence.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Yea if smacking the starter solved it then replacing its would be the next steps. Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.