Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have an error message on my PT Cruiser Odometer, 70,000 -

Customer Question

I have an error message on my PT Cruiser Odometer
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 70,000 - no
JA: What year is your PT Cruiser?
Customer: I'll have to check. give me a moment
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2008
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself if possible. The dealer, I thin, didn't really try to address the issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what is the warning?

what does the car do?

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All I know is that an error light appears where the odometer should be. I'm not sure how to find the error codes. The problem appeared when I successfully struggled to restart the car with a dying battery. The car works fine now with a new battery, but I still have the error message appearing.

what does the message say?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just "error "

ok..is the engine light on also?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No

ok

i would think the problem is that the error message came up because of the low battery..

it should clear itself after a while,,but to clear it now, you need to connect the car to a scanner,and clear the trouble codes.

if you dont have a scanner,auto zoe and most parts stores may clear it for free

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.