sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I was having issues with temp on my

Customer Question

I was having issues with temp on my cruiser Ltd 2001. Resolved that now oil light and a Beebe sound comes on intermitantly. I KNOW THE OIL IS SLIGHTLY OVER FULL
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: 4 or 5000 miles and engine size is.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to. If it isn't'the too difficult. I did a little research and no one heard of a warning light or chime go off/start when the only issue is too much oil.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Sorry was on the phone with Chrysler. Call back from earlier.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the oil light is coming on it's because of low oil pressure, or the engine controller thinks that pressure is low when it is not.

This could be an actual engine issue or it could just be the oil pressure sending unit. oil sender issues aren't uncommon on the 2.4

If the oil level is correct then the first thing I would recommend is unplugging the oil sender and checking for oil in the connector. If there is oil in the connector then it will need to be cleaned and the sender replaced.

If there is no oil in the connector then an actual pressure gauge would need to be used to see if pressure was truly low or not to determine if the problem is the sender or an internal engine issue.