sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Replaced fog light bulbs in 2004 Sebring Touring because the

Customer Question

replaced fog light bulbs in 2004 Sebring Touring because the old ones where just fine. "If it aint fixed, then don't brokje it" Preventive replacement. No, the inspector has a lab coat cause a grease mionkey would have heard "Oh, I didn't know thats how you turn the fog lts on and knew the switch was needing some love. So I only took the rtelay block said "RR fog Lts (Convertable Only) nothing there literally, and checked for blown fuse # ***** besides, yeaH i Got Fog lts and my my neighbor thinks I am One of those "Love Making" car owners (pull the blinker arn top out and in several times. to release oxidized build up.) Get in the car and start it and the engine lts on, staying on, Runs crappy and the speedometer goes up to 30 MPH back down. (I ran to the nearest church of coarse, It was still in park.) well The pastor thought I was nuts and my neighbor agreed o look and he saw the samew thing but didn't freak Out! (Dude must know nothing about Cars, or physics) How did my car get possesssed and who doe Auto Exorcism?
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Holy Water? No the fog lts are good, I don't understand how Fixing the switch could cause another problem instantly. Where/ what would I look for in a Fuse Description? (just kidding "Demon" thing BTW.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Long periods of time because daylight stupidity savings time I left lights on on accident, surprised the car started long, when checking fog lamps not working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
O.K. Ill stop being goofy. _ Today Start up Eng. Lt on Stay on. Car runs o,k, then revs up the speedometer reves up with it and back down with moter rev (sounds normal, not for speedometer going up to 30 in Park, never even notice. now #11 Fuse says Inst. Cluster, TrannyCont. Neut. Swith (Body Control?What is that ) Module. I am going to try to change that fuse, seems like the whole thing is a "Hey dude somethings not right, Don't ignore Engine Light." kinda thing.Going to check circuit, Yes fixing myself, I'm Bored don't you know, Yea I did leave lts on several times when cheack the fog lamps and shocked they are not on. half hr maybe (Explain yesterday innitial run like crap, runs o.k.ish today.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Basically I believe I figured out myself before you got back to me. So If its fuse #11, I aint satisfied, want deposit back, (if Id opened laptop and there was a response of fuse, then youd have won and earned my $11.00, but I will use again. I am 1981 and earlier Mech. smart, I know I'll need this again, so lets call this one even. I am a Mopar Man 4 Ever so dont loose my biz,
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engine light is likely on because of the speedometer issue, but the first step in diagnosing that part of the issue is going to be to connect a code reader or scan tool and see what fault codes have set.

The speedometer is most likely raising while sitting still because of electrical noise on the output speed sensor circuit due to a failing alternator. While the speedometer is climbing on it's own unplug the alternator field connector and see if it drops. If so then replace the alternator.