Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

Rev limiter kicks in bucks and jerks from first to second

Customer Question

Rev limiter kicks in bucks and jerks from first to second gear and so forth if accelerator is pressed too hard
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 Chrysler Sebring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Depends on how involved it is
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to determine what id causing the surge you are describing the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see what fault code and or codes the computer should be setting while the problem is occurring. If you can get this done and post back with them we can work from there to get this resolved.