cwalkerjr21
cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser that drove fine this morning. On

Customer Question

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser that drove fine this morning. On the way home, the rear passenger window wouldn't go up from the power switch on the dash. After being home for about 10 min., I needed to move the car. When I turned the key, the gauge needles spiked to the right the back to the left, then nothing, no power, no crank, nothing. The battery is fine, the fuses are fine. Would this electrical issue be related to the ignition switch?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, it could be a shorted out ignition switch causing your problems. Can you please perform a battery reset on the system please. Disconnected both of the battery cables for 5 minutes touch them together discharging the system than reconnect. If the problem persists you either have a failed ignition switch or possibly a bad body control module.