Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Have bad gas smell inside 07 dodge magnum, No problem with

Customer Question

Have bad gas smell inside 07 dodge magnum
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: No problem with either of those
JA: What year is your Magnum?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Acually I have 1973 challenger and installed 07 6,1 he me drive train and fuel tank components in my car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help you with this.

Sounds like you may have a fuel leak somewhere which is causing the smell. Check all fuel lines and connections, check the tank for leaks, and fuel rail. Also make sure your vent system on your fuel tank is working properly as well.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have?

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan