cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

I have a 99 Chrysler 300M. The studs on the passenger side

Customer Question

I have a 99 Chrysler 300M. The studs on the passenger side front two of them boke and snapped in half. I'm trying to figure out how to replace them. I bought new studs and can't figure out exactly how to put them in because there's no room. Not sure whether or not to take out the center big stud or what. Can't find any tools to do it with.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 1999 300m
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The tire is off. The calipers are off. The two studs are knocked out. I just need to figure out how to put the studs back in because there is no room
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car was making a clicking noise as you were driving that's the reason why I took the tire off in the first place.
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: Sort of like a chirping sound like a cricket that disappears when you press the brake. Then it got louder and louder the slower you went. Looked under the car and couldn't see anything that would be causing it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 5 months ago.

Once you remove the caliper and rotor you will have enough room to bang out the wheel studs and install the new ones if you still have trouble you will need to remove the wheel bearing to do this.This link should help.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgJ4vyITY1Q