Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2006 350 ram. diesel..112,000 miles.....No ac problems until

Customer Question

2006 350 ram. diesel..112,000 miles.....No ac problems until 2 yr ago..Since then....5 compressor failures...1 or 2 condxer replacements and 1 evaporator replacement...avg compressor lasts 3 weeks......the last one was replaced on june 13...failed on june 23 any ideas I'm rdy to trade
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. After the first compressor failure, was the system cleaned/flushed out before the new compressor was installed?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know the system has been flushed several x's....Without the service tickets I can't answer as to which and how many x's..I do know that metal shavings were removed from the system once..I'm trying to justify keeping this truck and the reasons are about down to 0, and due to medical problems a/c is needed.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Gotcha. Well i highly recommend replacing the compressor, condenser, and accumulator again and a thorough flushing of the lines and evaporator one more time. And please use an OEM Mopar compressor if possible. I think if you do that the system should be good to go for a long time.

Chris