Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

With key on to start the starter is not engaging on 07 town

Customer Question

with key on to start the starter is not engaging on 07 town and country. checked starter relay and have 12 volts on pin 87 of relay. Have continuous voltage on pin 30 and have feedback ground from ecu to pin 85.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no turnover and battery is new.
JA: What year is your Town And Country?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the checks I gave you
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: check engine light and oil light remain on on dash and check engine light flashes intermittently
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.

your pin numbers may be wrong, pins 30 and 87 are the LOAD side and you should have power on only 1 pin (either 30 OR 87) pins 85 and 86 control the relay and need ground on 1 and power on the other, BUT in any case have you tried providing power directly to the small solenoid wire on the starter it's easiest to simply jump the relay the 2 LARGER pins are for the starter so jumping the 2 LARGER pins at the starter relay should make the starter operate IF NOT then replace the starter, starter failure is quite common and on a 9 year old car it's not unheard of