Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2003 pt cruiser (turbo). I t has a brand new

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 2003 pt cruiser (turbo). I t has a brand new radiator fan assembly specifically for the turbo model. When we purchased the car a couple weeks back and got it home noticed it had a universal cheapie fan installed which is inadaquite for cooling car properly runs hot consistantly. Has no check engine light,collant sensor has been replaced, ambient temp connector checked. It has the 4 pin connector for turbo. How can i check and see if i am getting signal to fan to run?Ac works, but fan does not turn on when energized.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: sure, and replaced the thermastat. no
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chrysler?
Customer: gt turbo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. everything i mentioned already.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

if you can send me the vin i can pull the proper wiring diagram for you the PT is wired a little different than a PT turbo in the cooling fan area.

was there any "creative" wiring done when the aftermarket fan was installed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont have the vin no. It is my daughters car. It is definately the turbo. They wired the other fan direct. David U cant help me without a vin no?
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

i can look it up by year, model and enginel BUT the vin guarantees the correct diagram, give me a minute to look up the vehicle by year and model

Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

look at this picture and let me know if it matches your UNDERHOOD fuse box please, the 2 highlighted spaced should contain relays, if not then there should be 2 relays mounted on the fan shroud itself let me know which one you have please, i need to know which to determine which fuse feeds the fan assembly

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The distribution box looks nothing like mine, its on the drivers side of car facing engine. I have researched and been told by many people that the 2003 turbo has no relays, that it sends signal straight from pcm. it was a one only boch fan??? Please help I am worn out trying to figure this out. David
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

that's why i needed the vin, can you send a picture of the fuse box?

use the paperclip icon to upload a picture

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Surely u can find the right fuse box for a 2003 pt cruiser turbo without the vin no.I cant get a picture of it until I can get to my daughters it is not local. It does not have relays. I am done with trying to get help.from here. David
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

i am sorry to hear that BUT since i am a chrysler tech and have access to all the chrysler diagrams the vin is teh best way to get the info you need i looked it up by year model and engine and teh 03 PT is it's own creature so i suggest a pro since this is far from something that can be diagnosed without the car in front of me OR pictures to see the fan you used or the wiring

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can I get a refund of my money, i am very disappointed. No help at all. David
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

please contact customer service for refunds i have no control over charges.