Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD - Turns over and either won't

Customer Question

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD - Turns over and either won't start or starts and stalls after 15 secs or so.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Turns over, Battery is maybe 3 years old.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - replaced crank position sensor and ASD relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Tell me when you turn on the ignition, does the red security light come on for about 3 seconds and then go off?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It does just as described
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Ok, is it starting now?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not. Tried, seemed like it was going to but died off
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Ok, then I am leaning towards a possible fuel pump maybe. When you turn on the ignition, can you hear the fuel pump in the tank come on for a couple of seconds and then turn off?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. I did get the car to start and I ran it about 2 miles. Gas gauge read out at 1/2 tank - I added about 3 gallons just enough to get it over half. I then took it and topped it off 8 gallons worth which is appropriate if it was over half full. Is it possible or probable that the pressure regulator in the passenger side of the tank isn't pushing gas over to the driver side?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Yes. I have seen that before on the Pacifica, and I think you will need to have the tank removed and pump(s) replaced. This is what I recommend at this point.

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am I correct that the 04 has the access panels under the second row seats? It looks that way in the repair manual
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

I don't think so, but let me double check. Be right back.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

No access panels (sorry). But I have provided some info in that link below. Click on it to see it.

I hope this helps, and please don't forget to rate my service when you get a chance using the just answer star rating system. I can still continue to help you even after you rate me!

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
gound the gollowing youtube vid that seems to show access panels that yhe factory service manual talks about. Apparently they werent in the 06 thru 08 models.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sa3spCtbqWg
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't see a link that you mentioned
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hmmm, let me send it again. Something went wrong.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Do you see it now?

Chris