Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 02 pt cruiser and the car will not start. I find

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 02 pt cruiser and the car will not start . I find out that the wire on the idle control motor and most of the evap unit to the pcm don t have any voltage going thru. how I find the problem. Please help. Hector thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** engine even turn over?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi dan how are you. yes the engine is cranking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi again. Dan yes the engine is cranking. I been putting a lot of new parts. like a new fuel gas pump. new starter . new crank and camshaft sensor. also new vehicle speed sensor and much more like a new ignition switch
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked for fuel and spark?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have fuel and spark also I chek the timing
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Have you tested compression? What was reading? Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the problem is on the evaporation system is no voltage going thru the wire . I disconnect the pcm and check the voltage
most of the wire on the evap system don t have voltage. I also plug the scan and the only thing is tell me evap problem no code no nothing
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

The evap system shouldn't cause a no start and iac only gets power/ground when vehicle is running. You may have a evap problem but it is not causing the no start. Have you done a compression test yet? thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no is seen also that I have a short some where but I can find it. I just put new ring on the engine and compression sound strong
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Try to see if vehicle will run when spraying starting fluid into throttle body. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I try that din t work. But I notice that the gasoline marker on the fuel is all the way in full position and l only have like 3/4 of fuel on the tank. thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

If that didn't work that means timing/compression or spark. So if you are sure spark is good next step is to check compression. Let mek now, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okey thanks. You have a good day. I will check and let you know
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good, you have a good day too. Let me know how test goes, thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dan how are you? L check the compression and the compression is to low . Is 60 psi on three of them. How I fix that. thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

That means timing belt jumped. Replace timing belt, tensioner, and re-set marks. Let me know if you have more questions, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Thanks!