Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

My 2005 Town and Country with 240K miles which has a cold

Customer Question

My 2005 Town and Country with 240K miles which has a cold temperature starting issue. It turns over strong, but simply will not start or even try to start (fire). First cool day of the fall, high 20's, and it won't start. After that, it seemed to be less sensitive of the cold, but you could count on it not starting at 5 to 10 degrees F above zero. I did replace the water temp sensor with no change in the starting problem. Vehicle also does show a evap code which I never did get around to fixing; I seem to remember it might be an evap leak in the vicinity of the engine air cleaner box. Any ideas? Thanks.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine turns over. Battery is fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: water temp sensor replaced
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 4 months ago.

Hello , This one is cut & dry.....Just change the crank & cam sensor.....caution use only mopar parts.....take care & thanks joey....please rate my answer as this is how I get paid....ill be here for you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your advise! Is the crank and cam sensor a common cold weather issue on the Town and Country? I just ask because I hadn't seen anything suggesting this on all my google searches! :)

Sure we change them every week on Chrysler products