Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2008 chrysler sebring and the top wont go up switch

Customer Question

i have a 2008 chrysler sebring and the top wont go up switch to raise and trunk not working trying to lift the top manually. how to lift manually or how to get the top up again
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you seeing any warning messages or lights on the dash with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After it failed to go up it said top fail
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,this message indicates the PTCM control module has locked out the roof from operating due to a fault with a sensor or internal hydraulic pump failure.Unfortunately I do not see a procedure on this to close this manually when this occurs.It has to be diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.There will be at least one code set to help diagnose and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
whats the ptcm control module
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Paramount transmission control module.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, i want to know what tool is needed to lower the convertible top manually on a 2008 chrysler convertible?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not see a procedure myself on how to lower this manually.This looks like it would need diagnosed and repaired first before it will operate to raise or lower.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete