Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2011 chrysler 200. The knob that turns on the air

Customer Question

I have a 2011 chrysler 200. The knob that turns on the air conditioning is blinking when I turn it instead of staying lit.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can indicate a fault has been detected with one of the heater or ac components.If this only occurs when the ac is on this indicates this is an ac issue and may be a fault with low freon causing this or an issue with an ac low or high side pressure switch or even ac compressor failure.

What needs to be done from here first is try turning off recirculation and see if it works.If it does not then the fault codes need checked with a scan tool fully compatible with this model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.There are several sensors and components on this model that can cause this fault here so having the codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers will help to locate and pinpoint this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete