sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

The blend door is stuck. when I took it the mechanic several

Customer Question

The blend door is stuck. when I took it the mechanic several months back he got it switched to heat. I'm selling cheap so don't want to fix but wanted to move it back to air for summer. Is there a way to switch without removing entire dash?
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no air works great on passenger side just not driver side which blows heat
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 1997 town and country
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just want to swtich to cold air
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Assuming the blend door is intact then yes, it can be moved without major disassembly. I'm assuming you have an actuator or control head problem so they removed the actuator and moved the door by hand.

The blend door actuator is accessed from under the driver's dash area. With the knee blocker removed to expose the left end of the heater box, the mode door actuator is the highest on the box. Under that will either be the single blend door actuator, or if you have dual zone controls then there will be a blend door actuator for each side. If the actuator is in place then you can remove it and move the door by hand, if the actuator isn't in place then there may be something in place that they fabricated to hold the door.