Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

My 2008 chrylser Sebring convertible top will open half way

Customer Question

My 2008 chrylser Sebring convertible top will open half way and stop. It will close back. You can hear the motor running and it does not stop until you let go of the switch which makes me doubt the dealer's claim that it needs a new motor($1595) due to an internal short. Is it a sensor. a switch or a cylinder by-passing? Or could it be the pump is worn and lets fluid by-pass when a certain poiint is reached?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The convertible top will raise part of the way and hold if the system is low on fluid or the pump is weak. I would start first with checking the fluid level and if its okay bleed the system. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.