Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 94 chrysler lebaron that won't start at all.. had

Customer Question

I have a 94 chrysler lebaron that won't start at all.. had to get it towed to my house. When I turn the key over it I hear a buzzing from my starter relay and my brake light and engine light come on. No attempt to start
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature? Soon. I'm trying to find the right Chrysler Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What year is your Lebaron?
Customer: The car is in park and I have also tried it in neutral. Idk about wheel lock and it's a 1994
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to fix myself. I have used a test light on the wires of the started relay and I have found the yellow to be making the buzzing sound. Which is the ignition wire. I have had the starter tested. I tried switching out the ignition switch and still the same problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not right no we
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 11 months ago.

is it getting power to the starter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
power to the starter. I have followed my ignition wire because it's the one making it buzz and I tried turning it over whIle testing it and when I turn the key to the crank position it goes off at the relay

sounds like the starter has failed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took the starter out and went and got it checked yesterday and it passes so that's not it. That's also why I decided to ask on here

is the motor seized does it turn over by hand?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The motor shouldn't be seized by any means.. It has 116000 miles on it just had oil changed about a month ago. No idea how to turn it over by hand.. I don't see how it would just seize up out of no where either..

have you tested for power to the starter with a test light or a volt meter? because even if its a good starter t may be a switch or power issue .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a good connection to the starter with both positive and negative. When I go to crank over the engine my brake light comes on and my clock on the radio also goes off

does the starter click or sound like its engaging?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The buzzing is comin from the relay.. nothing happens besides that and the brake light coming on and the radio turning off

do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

can you verify if the starter is getting power to the trigger wire on the solenoid when the key is put in the crank position?