Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

P3425 code, I disconnected the battery cable and t the brake

Customer Question

P3425 code
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I disconnected the battery cable and hit the brake pedal for 30 seconds and it went off. However, this isn't the only time I've had this code.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 Chrysler Aspen
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Possibly. A valve for the a/c went out last Friday and alternator went out Saturday. I took alt off and had it rebuilt. Put it back on last night. Took car to repair shop for the a/c and was told it was a valve for the a/c. Had it replaced and when picked up car, check engine light was on. Stopped by AutoZone to get the code read on way home.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car has approximately 118,000 miles and have alway had all maintenance done as recommended.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** code is related to the cylinder 4 multi displacement solenoid. This would be around a $400 job at shop because the intake manifold needs to be removed to access. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.