Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

My horn went off on its own and now it does not work, 2006

Customer Question

My horn went off on its own and now it does not work
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 chysler convertible
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually nothing I bought the car in November - horn worked fine. Then it went off twice for long periods of time. Now it just doesn't work. It was real weak a day or two ago. Now nothing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: But my other convertibles horn did almost the same thing lacking going off for long periods of time n
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Same year and model
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

From everything that you are describing, it leads me to believe that you have a faulty horn(s). Since the horn went off for long periods of time, I suspect that it damaged the internal horn circuitry. The fix is to replace the actual horn(s) assembly(ies).

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert