Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2008 town & country cruise control stopped working. Won't

Customer Question

2008 town & country cruise control stopped working. Won't turn on.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: No I haven't. I don't know where they are. No idea of engine size. Just bought it in April.
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chrysler?
Customer: Town & country
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm a 72 yr old woman, so not likely I can do anything difficult but I'd like to have at least some idea of where the problem might lie.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Abs light also came on but I'm not sure if the 2 problems happened at the same time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

If your ABS light is on then that's why the cruise will not work.. You will need the codes read in the ABS module and it's very likely a bad wheel speed sensor but you won't know for sure until you ave the codes read.. After you have the codes read with a scantool then you will know which wheel speed sensor is bad so you can replace it to get your cruise to work again..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,