Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Recently the malfunction indicator light came on and stays

Customer Question

Recently the malfunction indicator light came on and stays on. It's been a steady yellow light for the last two days and I see aHUGE difference in my gas mileage.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No. Can I get that from that hub thing that you can get from Verizon or take it to a parts shop that does a free diagnostic?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. The Chrysler Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: In the past, the Chrysler dealership has kept my car for, like, a week and I would need to rent a car to get back and forth to work
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really. I'm just trying to find out how expensive it's going to be, if a friend that's a mechanic can fix it if I make a five hour drive to Fort Worth, if the problem is serious enough that I shouldn't be driving it, or if I need to take to the dealership immediately.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Like...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

May I have the model and engine size of your Chrysler?