Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 2005 chrysler 300 will turn over and over but won't

Customer Question

Hi, my 2005 chrysler 300 will turn over and over but won't engage (start).
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery fairly new. Turns over but won't start. Drove the car and turned it off for an hour and went to move it then it would not start.
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?
Customer: 300 . Is this fuel pump relay or actual fuel pump issues
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I was going to tow it to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Red lightning bolt on dash is on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the actual fuel pump or a crank sensor at fault as these are most common for this issue here as I have seen and had to replace before.

You will need to have the fuel pressure tested to see if the pump is the cause and this is about a half hours charge at a shop with a fuel pressure test gauge.The pump itself can cost around $500 in some cases to have replaced if found at fault.

If it is the crank sensor this can be about an hours charge to diagnose and around $200 to have replaced.

This does need to be checked/tested further to help pinpoint the fault needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete