sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Cant get my top to close, 2002 chrysler sebring, i just

Customer Question

cant get my top to close
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002 chrysler sebring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just tried to let it up and it wont let up and i had my friend to lift up the top while pushing the button to close it and that didn't work could it be a fuse
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: no i didn't check the fuse where would i check that at
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes my car is over heating because the fans are not working what could that be
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that could be causing the top to not raise. The problem may be electrical - the switch, a blown fuse, the pump motor, wiring or the relay- or it could be a hydraulic issue. If the system is low on fluid then the top won't move.

Do you still hear the pump motor when pressing the switch but it won't move?