gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified

I have replace the motor power sliding door. It open and

Customer Question

I have replace the motor for passenger power sliding door. It open and closed once. Now it will not open at all. Not manually, or power door buttons.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time a repair is made to the sliding door you are going to need to perform the relearn procedure so let start with doing this first and see if it resolves you concern. See it in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for giving an answer to my problem. I don't have a scan tool. Which in turn lies the problem. The door will not open at all. It has latched and I can not open the door by any power button or manully.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If you can get it open and run the re-learn procedure it should resolve the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I agree that probably fix the problem. But I cannot get it open. I pull the handle it does not respond. I press buttons inside the van it doesn't open. I press button on key fob it does not open. I don't know how to open the door if it does not respond to one of the above mentioned ways
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to remove the panel and see if you can open it manually from inside?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The panel is removed and I have tried that as well it does not respond when I pull the lever that latches
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Try having a helper put some pressure on it in the close position while you try to get it to unlatch and see if it will release..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just got done trying. No luck, I'm a 250lbs man pushing on the door and another manually pulling the lever for the door. It doesn't move
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any other ideas Ron? The only thing I got from our conversation was have someone push on the door. I thought I would hear again from you. Giving it a last chance before I contact justanswer for someone else and a refund
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

I will open the post back up for you. If some one can offer something else they will respond back to you. I have done all I can from there.

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 4 months ago.

So you are unable to open the door, even from the outside? Is the door locking and unlocking with the other doors?

I don't think I have seen a motor fail on one of these, but the wiring harness that runs in the flexible track under the door area has a tendency to get broken wires, you will need to get the door open to check. If you have the door panel off on the inside you should be able to grab the lock/unlock rod and pull it to make sure the latch is unlocked.

Do you feel tension on the door handle outside when pulling it, or does it feel "disconnected" like when the door is locked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The door does unlock and lock. I had already replace the motor and fixed the broken wire. The door open and closed once by power button. Now it is latched and won't unlatch. I have tried going into the door and pulling to release the latch. But it's jammed or something. Because when I press the button it just sounds like it is locking or unlocking. When I pull the handle there is tension. Which I checked to see if it was connect to the actuator. Which it is. I just can't figure out why it is acting jammed. Or how to open it when manually and power buttons won't open it.

There have been issues with these latches for years- sometimes they fail after 15 years, and sometimes when it is as new as yours. They lock up and will not open. It's almost a matter of destroying the latch to get it to release, and replacing it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well crap, How would I destroy the latch without destroying the inside door panel.

You have the inside door panel off, don't you? You just need to access the latch body. First try giving it a good smack with a mallet to see if you can jar anything loose. If not, then you will need to pry around the back of the latch where it interfaces with the striker, to try to free the pivoting "finger" that catches the striker and pry it free.