Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

I have a 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible limited edition 4

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible limited edition 4 cylinder. About 110000 miles. The AC will blow cool on all settings when I first turn it on but as I start driving it turns 2 hot air. The Blower's work fine you can hear it engaging in the engine. I only have a credit card to Firestone and they want to charge over $100 for the initial check. I'm on disability so I have no savings to take it somewhere else. I went to an auto shop to have them help me put in that can AC Pro but he told me to turn the air on full blast with the car running and that's when it came on cool for the first time so we didn't put it in. Then as soon as I started driving it went hot again. Please help soon as I live in Sacramento and it's hot here. Thank you in advance. Denise
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just saw that it was a $37 charge which I don't mind when I need help but I don't want to pay a monthly fee. I don't even want to have that setup so I have to worry about stopping it so unless there's a way to pay for one time help I can't use the service. Now if you can help me this one time I would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you I await your response
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

if you did not sign up for a monthly fee this should only be a one time charge for this question of $37

right now Firestone has an AC performance special for $ 9.99 i know this because i work part time for Firestone

for $ 9.99 they should be able to tell you where the problem is in the system and what needs to be done to fix this problem for you

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am waiting for a new mechanic to answer my initial question as I was not satisfied with the answer from the first mechanic. Plus the information he gave me was incorrect and didn't tell me what the possible problems could be. I should be able to have some different answers that I could possibly check myself or have a friend do it. If it's too involved at least I know the parts that will probably need to be fixed. This way when I go into Firestone I can be prepared so they don't overcharge me especially being a single woman going in