sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I went to put the top up on the convertible but the trunk

Customer Question

I went to put the top up on the convertible but the trunk had been popped so the top stuck half way up
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: no
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2011 or 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to fix myself so i dont have to drive to dealership which is a ways away with that top stuck up. is there a trunk latch button i could push inside the truck - woul dthat make it move again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

From your description it sounds like you just need to close the trunk lid. If the trunk ajar switch is closed due to the trunk being open then it will stop all convertible functions; it shouldn't have attempted to move the top in the first place.

It sounds as if the front of the trunk lid is most likely raised, and then the trunk latch at the rear is now open also?